14 Jul What’s Happening In Montreal Real Estate July 2017
What’s Happening In Montreal Real Estate July 2017
What’s Happening In Montreal Real Estate July 2017? Well according to the latest quarterly report of The Barometer, published by the QFREB;
- The Montreal residential real estate market is up 8% in sales over last year
- The condo market registered a whopping 17% increase in sales
- Single family homes registered an increase of 4%
- The Island of Montreal posted a 12% increase in sales and Ville Marie 36%
- Sales of properties $500,000 and more were up 31% and properties $700,000 and more, increased by 40%
- The number of active listings across the CMA dropped 14%, thus affecting the inventory supply
- Selling times were shorter, with an average of 83 days for a single family home buyer, and condos an average of 109 days
- The median price of all three real estate categories, increased substantially in the second quarter.
Watch the video to learn more about Centris Residential sales statistics for June 2017
Access the full report here
You can read and/or download the full Barometer Quarterly Report here
The fact is that Montreal never experienced the frenzy and buying craze of either Toronto nor Vancouver. Our real estate prices remained lower and more stable in comparison to other parts of Canada. In the meantime, here’s a snapshot of what’s going on across the rest of Canada.